Playing Bingo Online for Money
The rules for playing bingo games at any one bingo site online are fairly simple. Internet bingo games commonly use auto-daubers, which automatically mark your cards for you. This is much more convenient, compared to live bingo, where the drawn numbers are called out and it’s up to you to find those numbers are on your cards and mark them.
This online bingo feature allows you to buy far more cards seeing as the computer is marking them. Also, while the computer is allocating the markings for you, the cards are sorted into the order by which they are progressing. This way, you can see which card is progressing best and you can “cheer it on”.
This is also the time that the chat room leaders (employees of the bingo hall) keep things interesting and run chat games with prizes. They often divide the participants into teams and have real fun games, again with nice prizes.
Typical bingo cards have five rows and columns with a random selection of numbers. The “B” column contains random numbers between #1 and #15, “I” has #16 to #30, “N” has #31 to #45 (containing a free space in the center), “G” has #46 to #59, and “O” has #60 to #75. If you are the first to complete the numbers in a pattern according to the rules of the particular game, you win the prize for the game. There are many common patterns for bingo games online that may be used, so pay close attention to the pattern in effect for your game.
When playing bingo games online, your cards are randomly selected for you by the computer. Most bingo sites allow you to choose the number of cards you would like to play for each game. The game pattern is also displayed on your screen, so you know which bingo pattern you must complete to win the game. Some patterns are easy to complete, which will make for a very short game. Others are more difficult and will take many calls to complete. The most common bingo patterns are straight lines in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal direction.
The jackpot is often linked to the “coverall” games where you would need to get all the number within a short space of time. These jackpots can get up to really healthy amounts ($10 000 or more!)
Play continues until one or more players are the first to complete the bingo pattern. If there is more than one simultaneous winner, the winners split the prize or jackpot.
These are the basic rules for playing bingo games online. Before playing online bingo, be sure to see if any special rules apply at where your chose to play. Bingo games online rules may differ from one site to the next.
- Blackout/Coverall – This is a pattern where you must cover all numbers on the card to win.
- Caller – This is the person who calls out the numbers.
- Chat room – You will see the chat room on one side of the screen. You can switch between the chat room and our slots at any time even during play by making the appropriate selection. This is a good place to make new bingo freinds and also see how other players are fairing.
- Dauber – The means with which called numbers are marked (also called auto daub/er if automated)
- Free space – This is always the middle square of the card and if included in the current pattern counts towards your winning numbers.
- Jackpot – The jackpot is our largest prize for the game in question and is awarded when you make the pattern within the specified number of balls, refered to on your screen as “balls to jackpot”.
- Pattern – You only need the numbers that form the pattern found at the top right monitor of your screen to win the game. If you manage to do this within the designated balls to jackpot then you win the jackpot prize. If not then you win the prize in question. If there are more than one winners, then the prize is divided equally.